Moving to Perth, Western Australia and wondering what to do with all your belongings?
Leasing furniture on your arrival can be a smart and cost-effective option. Perth-based company, ‘New In Town Relocations’ can take care of all your accommodation and furniture needs, leaving you free to settle in from the moment you arrive.
Quality Furniture without the Stress
New In Town offers a comprehensive range of relocation services that aim to make every aspect of your move stress-free. Leasing furniture is one way to make life easier, and you can get as much or as little help as you like.
The competitively-priced service will help you to create a home you love, with better results than you may be able to achieve yourself.
“We can find a home for you and have it fully furnished, ready for you when you arrive in Perth,” Principal, Jacqui Armstrong said.
“Our stylist will liaise with you to source furniture that meets your individual tastes and budget.
“We supply quality pieces of furniture and additional household items in new or as-new condition. For standard items, this can be arranged within 24 hours,” she said.
“We really look after our clients. Our service includes delivery and placement of furniture – everything down to making the beds and unpacking the kitchen.”
Furniture Hiring Costs
Clients can select the items they require from New in Town’s pricing list to determine the leasing cost.
Furniture can be leased for a minimum of 12 months, with payment due monthly. Discounts are offered for subsequent yearly contracts. Clients can renew for a second 12 month period at 20% off the initial cost. The fee reduces by 30% after two years and 40% after 3 years.
You may find it’s not worth the money or the hassle of shipping everything to Perth.
The Benefits of Hiring Furniture
- Cost competitive compared with shipping
- Furniture can be selected to suit the style and decor of your new home
- Potentially tax deductible
- Less stressful
- No issues associated with custom clearances, shipping delays or damage caused in transit
- No need for employers to provide serviced apartments or hotels on arrival
- Cash flow advantages with no upfront purchasing costs
Things to Consider When Moving Your Own Furniture
- High shipping and insurance costs, particularly from overseas
- Cost of storing furniture until you find accommodation
(approx. one week’s rent for a single garage size)
- Cost of buying temporary furniture while waiting for belongings to arrive
- Risk own furniture will not fit in its new location or suit the style of the new place
- Risk of damage to furniture in uplift, transit or delivery
- Likely time gap between when you arrive and when your furniture does