Recreation. Parklands. Balance.
The name Floreat comes from the Latin word for ‘flourish’ or ‘prosper.’ With its leafy surrounds and its abundance of parklands and recreational facilities, the name is well suited.
Located close to City Beach and with easy access to the CBD and a range of sporting venues, Floreat is a desirable suburb for families trying to balance work and play.
Floreat is an ideal base for parents juggling children with different sporting interests. Facilities include Floreat Tennis Club, the Bold Park Aquatic Centre and the WA Basketball Centre. The Perth Netball Centre is located on Floreat’s eastern boundary, the Wembley Golf Course is to the north while the athletics track and other Challenge Stadium facilities are just beyond the southern border.
‘Floreat Forum’ is the name of the local shopping centre, located next to the library. There are several Catholic and State schools close by and the natural surrounds of Perry Lakes Reserve are a natural sanctuary.
- Distance to the CBD: kms
- Distance to the beach: kms
- Distance to Perth Airport: kms
- Median house price sales:
- Median weekly house price rentals 3 bed 2 bath: $
- Transport: Tranperth: Bus services, Train Station
- Surrounding Suburbs:
- Median age of residents (2011 census)
- Median weekly household income (2011 census): $
- Best Coffee: Kirwin Street Cafe