Established in the 1890’s, West Leederville is another of Perth’s city-fringe suburbs that appeals to people who work in the CBD and value convenience. The broader area was originally formed from the sale and subdivision of the estate of William Leeder.
There is also a sense of suburban community here, with schools and active sporting groups, including the West Leederville Bowling Club, the Town Hall and Recreation Complex and a thriving community garden.
Relatively small in size, the suburb is surrounded by all the conveniences of city living. There is much to see and do within easy walking distance, however with its own train station, travelling anywhere is a breeze.
The town of Cambridge has committed to upgrading the main streetscape of Cambridge Street, ensuring an attractive and user-friendly future for the local area.
West Leederville At A Glance
- Postcode: 6007
- Distance to the CBD: 3 kms
- Distance to the beach: 9.2 kms
- Distance to Perth Airport: 31.2 kms
- Median house price sales: $987,500
- Median weekly house price rentals: $815
- LGA: Town of Cambridge
- Transport: Tranperth: Bus, Train
- Surrounding Suburbs: Wembley, Lake Monger, Leederville, West Perth, Subiaco.
- Median age of residents (2011 census) 37
- Median weekly household income (2011 census): $1,918
- Best Coffee: Foam Coffee Bar, Piccalos Corner