Applecross is one of Perth’s premium suburbs, with many luxurious homes enjoying city and river views. The suburb takes its name from the Applecross peninsula on the northwest coast of Scotland, which accounts for the many Scottish street names in the area.
Located south of the CBD and bound by Canning Highway and the Swan River, Applecross invites easy walks on the foreshore to enjoy the sunsets and the beautiful scenery. The streetscapes of Applecross are also impressive. Distinguished by pretty Jacaranda trees and multi-million dollar homes, the air of elegance is unmistakable.
The suburb is home to the famous art-deco Raffles Hotel and the Heathcote Cultural Precinct. With its schools, parklands, sporting clubs and its rich offering of fine restaurants and cafes, Applecross is a sophisticated choice for those who can afford it.
Applecross At A Glance
- Postcode: 6153
- Distance to the CBD: 7 kms
- Distance to the beach: 2.6 kms
- Distance to Perth Airport: 13.8 kms
- Median house price sales: 1,340,000
- Median weekly house price rentals 3 bed 2 bath: $480
- LGA: Town of Melville
- Transport: Transperth: Bus services
- Surrounding Suburbs: Swan River, Mount Pleasant, Ardross, Alfred Cove
- Median age of residents (2011 census) 42
- Median weekly household income (2011 census): $2095
- Best Coffee: TBA