Arguably Perth’s most iconic coastal suburb, Cottesloe attracts the upper class and those dreaming of striking a harmonious balance between work and play.
The suburb has an impressive blend of modern and historic homes, though regardless of their style, the quality is paramount.
Those lucky enough to live here, as well as tourists and weekend visitors, flock to Cottesloe Beach to soak in the golden atmosphere. The strip of restaurants and bars located along the foreshore provide the perfect place to enjoy the Ocean views.
The venue for the annual Sculpture by the Sea event, Cottesloe is a fashionable and buzzing place. It is ideal for families because of the top beaches, parks and sports grounds, as well as some highly regarded schools close by. The only obvious downside to living here is the price tag.
Cottesloe At A Glance
- Postcode: 6011
- Distance to the CBD: 11km
- Distance to the beach: Coastal
- Distance to Perth Airport: 24.2km
- Median house price sales: $1,856,250
- Median weekly house price rentals 3 bed 2 bath: $913
- LGA: Town of Cottelsoe
- Transport: Tranperth: Bus services, Train
- Surrounding Suburbs: Mosman Park, Claremont, South Fremantle, Swanbourne, Nedlands, Mount Claremont.
- Median age of residents (2011 census) 40
- Median weekly household income (2011 census): $2494
- Best Coffee: Cimbalino Espresso, John Street, Cafe, Vans Cafe