Charmingly, many of Woodland’s streets have been named after trees, such as Birchwood Avenue, Willow Road and Cedar Place.
The gem of the suburb is Jackadder Lake, a picturesque setting that is especially popular with young families. Encircled by a 1.2km path, it offers a much-loved playground, BBQ facilities and exercise equipment stations, and is a favourite venue for picnics and children’s birthday parties. The Lake is also used by the Perth Radio Sailing Club.
Parents will love the easy access to a number of highly regarded primary and secondary schools. The Events Cinema Complex and the Westfield Shopping Centre in Innaloo are on your doorstep, but there is also a smaller shopping centre across from the Lake that has a great community feel and a café and restaurant.
Woodlands At A Glance
- Distance to the CBD: 8 kms
- Distance to the beach: 3.4 kms
- Distance to Perth Airport: 19 kms
- Median house price sales: 920,000
- Median weekly house price rentals 3 bed 2 bath: $545
- LGA: Stirling
- Transport: Tranperth: Bus services
- Surrounding Suburbs:Churchlands, Herdsman, Osbourne Park, Doubleview, Wembley Downs, Innaloo, Scarborough.
- Median age of residents (2011 census) 42
- Median weekly household income (2011 census): $1408